Pandemic aside, we all know when the weather turns, some of us begin to hibernate indoors. It is certainly not a bad thing, especially if you are sitting beside the fire, with a book in one hand and a hot cocoa in the other. But we all know that too many days spent in is not always the best. Did I forget to mention that it is dark at 4:30pm too?
So how can we beat the cool rainy days and still give our body all the feel goods we need?
- GET MOVING: No matter the weather, well unless it is a monsoon, you got to get outside. My best advice and I stand true to it to this day, is get your exercise done first thing. We all know there is little gas in the tank by the end of the day. Exercising releases endorphins that give you a feel-good high. In this new season, we all are experiencing we can definitely use all the feel goods we can get.
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Set a goal today of reading “x” amount number of books by the end of the year. My goal this year is to read 12 by the end of December.
- MEET UP: Meet up with a friend for an evening walk. Social distancing can still be done and why not grab a hot chocolate to go.
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: Get ahead start on your Christmas shopping. I don’t know about you but starting early gets me into the holiday spirit and I want to ensure I take the time to find the perfect gift. It will be a different experience this year, so my best advice to avoid the lines, the sold-out items, and overall to avoid getting overwhelmed is grab that pen and paper and get a head start. Also, try to shop local and support your community.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GOOD WEATHER: When the sun comes out, run out and spend as much time as you can soaking up that much-needed vitamin D.
Promise me you won’t let the rainy days take your smile away. Find ways to stay positive, stay healthy, and keep smiling.
MaryAnna Robbins CSEP-CPT, OFC RHEP – Group Exercise, Resistance Trainer, Yoga Fitness
Leave a Reply